Ogden house fire displaces residents; causes $40,000 damage

Sunday , August 10, 2014 - 7:26 PM

OGDEN — An electrical house fire displaced two residents Saturday evening and caused roughly $40,000 in damage.

Crews from the Ogden City and Northview fire departments were called to a home 201 4th Street just after 8 p.m. and found a fire in the attic there. Seventeen firefighters put out the blaze in just more than 10 minutes, according to social media updates sent out by Ogden Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman. 

Nobody was injured in the fire, Bauman said in a press release; both residents had exited the home by the time firefighters arrived. The Red Cross was called to the scene to temporarily accommodate the family.

No photos of the incident were taken.

Photo Galleries

Contact reporter Ben Lockhart at 801-625-4221 or blockhart@standard.net. Follow him on Twitter at @SE_Lockhart. Like his Facebook page at www.facebook/com/blockhartSE.

Sign up for e-mail news updates.

Recommended for You

Popular in Fire

Woman, 2 dogs saved in dramatic Mantua Reservoir ice rescue

After her dogs wandered onto the reservoir and broke through the ice, woman followed, only to be trapped in the water herself.

Provo Canyon oil tanker crash spills 4,500 gallons of crude

PROVO — A semi hauling two oil tankers crashed on slushy U.S. 189. tearing open one of the tanks and spilling nearly 4,500 gallons of crude, some into the Provo River, police said. The truck was...