Monday , July 17, 2017 - 5:15 AM
Happy Monday! Catch up on the latest news in Northern Utah with these five stories for Monday, July 17.
1. Study shows public land user fees leave low-income citizens feeling priced out
A survey found even nominal fees — like the $3 charge to use Millcreek Canyon or the parking fee looming for Pineview Reservoir — dissuade many would-be visitors. Read more here.
2. Sheriff's deputy honored during Ogden Pioneer Days Grand Parade
Weber County Sheriff's Deputy Tyler Greenhalgh gave up his rank of corporal so he could dedicate his police work to helping kids. Read more here.
3. Fruit Heights man at center of LDS Book of Mormon filming
A project to re-create scenes from the Book of Mormon for a video and still-image library is allowing a former Hollywood producer to end his career on a high note. Read more here.
4. Bountiful sees surge in solar power permit requests ahead of rate change
With a rate change looming, Bountiful experienced a big surge in homeowners interested in installing solar power systems. Read more here.
5. American Brice Garnett birdies on 8 holes in Round 4 to win Utah Championship
With eight birdies in the fourth round, American Brice Garnett won the Web.com Tour’s Utah Championship on Sunday at Farmington’s Oakridge Country Club. Read more here.
Sign up for e-mail news updates.