Tuesday , November 21, 2017 - 5:15 AM
Volunteer kitchen workers carve donated turkeys during an annual free Thanksgiving meal Thursday, Nov. 11, 2010, at the Texas Roadhouse restaurant in South Ogden, Utah.
For some, Thanksgiving is about inviting family and friends over, preparing a home-cooked meal and celebrating the holiday.
For others, however, Thanksgiving is about sitting back and relaxing while someone else does all the work. Whether you’re traveling, celebrating on your own or just looking to avoid the hustle and bustle of not only shopping, but cooking, Thanksgiving dinner, there are several restaurants catering to you.
Here are several national restaurants that have advertised or confirmed to be open on Thanksgiving, according to Go Banking Rates:
• Buca di Beppo: Buca di Beppo, located at 202 W. 300 South in Salt Lake City, is serving up its family-style Italian dishes starting at 11 a.m. until 10 p.m. The restaurant is also offering catering and to-go options. See the restaurant’s website for more details.
• Cracker Barrel: In addition to a dine-in option for Cracker Barrel guests, the restaurant is offering two types of to-go meals this year for Thanksgiving. The restaurant will open at 6 a.m. and offer a homestyle turkey and dressing meal with a drink and slice of pumpkin pie for $12.99 for adults and $7.99 for children until 10 p.m. Area locations include 1792 N. Heritage Park Blvd. in Layton and 2283 W. City Center Court in West Valley City.
• Denny’s: The 24/7 diner is open Thanksgiving day for those looking for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner options. Area locations include 1250 Washington Blvd., Ogden; 4029 Riverdale Road, Riverdale; 1172 W. 2100 St., West Haven; and 991 N. 400 West, Layton.
• IHOP: The International House of Pancakes will offer up meals this Thanksgiving for 24 hours. Area locations include 189 12th St., Ogden; 947 W. Riverdale Road, Riverdale; and 920 N. Main St., Layton.
• Marie Callender’s: Marie Callender’s Restaurant and Bakery will start serving at 11 a.m. until 8 p.m. with a special Thanksgiving dinner. Dinner is $21.99 for adults and $8.99 for children. Take-out Thanksgiving dinner orders are available for pick-up after 11 a.m. Area locations include 1600 N. 1000 West in Layton and 1109 E. 3900 South in Salt Lake City.
• Golden Corral: The buffet chain will feature a Thanksgiving Day buffet, including chicken, ham, turkey and brisket options along with numerous side dishes and desserts. The buffet will open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Area locations include 988 Washington Blvd. in Ogden and 1624 N. Heritage Park Blvd. in Layton.
• Zucca Trattoria: This year, Zucca Trattoria will partner with Youth Impact and the Salvation Army by serving 600 of the “less fortunate” on Thanksgiving. The restaurant will still be open for general seating. Although there is no specific price for the meal, guests are encouraged to make a donation to the Salvation Army. Meals will be served from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., which will include turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, rolls and a few different choices of pies. Zucca is located at 225 Historic 25th St. in Ogden.
• Chuck-A-Rama: The buffet chain will open at 11 a.m. and serve food until 6 p.m. Meals are $15.99 for adults, $13.59 for seniors and 85 cents per year for kids ages 4 to 12. Area locations include 3655 S. Washington Blvd., Ogden; 212 S. 500 West, Bountiful; and 744 E. 400 South, Salt Lake City.
• Bigelow Bar and Grill: The grill, located inside the Bigelow Hotel and Residences at 2510 Washington Blvd., will be open from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. Bigelow Bar and Grill will feature a holiday dinner with turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, winter vegetables and cranberry sauce for $29.
Know of a place that’s open but don’t see it on this list? Email the name, address and phone number to email@example.com and we’ll add it!