Ogden house fire displaces residents; causes $40,000 damage

Sunday , August 10, 2014 - 7:26 PM

OGDEN — An electrical house fire displaced two residents Saturday evening and caused roughly $40,000 in damage.

Crews from the Ogden City and Northview fire departments were called to a home 201 4th Street just after 8 p.m. and found a fire in the attic there. Seventeen firefighters put out the blaze in just more than 10 minutes, according to social media updates sent out by Ogden Deputy Fire Chief Eric Bauman. 

Nobody was injured in the fire, Bauman said in a press release; both residents had exited the home by the time firefighters arrived. The Red Cross was called to the scene to temporarily accommodate the family.

No photos of the incident were taken.

Photo Galleries

Contact reporter Ben Lockhart at 801-625-4221 or blockhart@standard.net. Follow him on Twitter at @SE_Lockhart. Like his Facebook page at www.facebook/com/blockhartSE.

Sign up for e-mail news updates.

Recommended for You

Popular in Police & Fire

Officer describes woman's rescue from icy Mantua Reservoir

Brad Nelson said the thought crossed his mind that he might fall through the ice as well. “The ice was cracking as I was standing there — there’s always that possibility.” But he knew he had to get...

Fuel tanker driver burned in explosion a year ago dies

SALT LAKE CITY — A Colorado man has died from injuries he suffered a year ago after the gasoline tanker he was driving crashed and exploded in Utah. The mother of 28-year-old Leslie Shelton tells KSL-...