Gallery: Matthew Stewart evidence photos
Sunday , July 27, 2014 - 10:10 AM
Weber-Morgan Narcotics Strike Force officers were found to be clearly justified in their use of force after Matthew Davis Stewart opened fire, said the report filed by the Ogden Police Department's Shooting Review Board, but they were under-prepared for Stewart's attack because of "complacency in the use of standard equipment, approaching the target home safely, conducting a thorough background investigation of the suspect, and a thorough scout of the target home."
Other recommendations in the Shooting Review Report included:
- Align warrant service policies between Ogden Police and the strike force more closely
- Require pre-surveillance in any felony investigation when the suspect is believed to be inside
- Purchase a ballistic shield and equipment upgrades to other defensive gear
- Require a search warrant supervisor on scene who is not part of the entry team
- Set aside a separate radio channel used specially for scheduled search warrants
- Establish training to prepare officers for potential crossfire risks
Popular in Police
CENTERVILLE — A 75-year-old Farmington man never expected to get mugged by a man holding a plastic sword in the middle of the morning in Centerville. He...
PLEASANT GROVE — The 43-year-old manager of a Pleasant Grove pizza parlor has been arrested for suspicion of sexually abusing a teenage, female employee....