Blaze rips through Logan home; none hurt

Sunday , August 10, 2014 - 12:47 AM

LOGAN — Nobody was hurt after a large house fire broke out Saturday evening at roughly 6 p.m. close to the intersection of 300 South and 100 East.

Crews from the Logan Fire Department doused the blaze, which was raging in several areas of the home's attic. Residents were asked to stay away from the area.

"(The) fire was found (and reported) by occupants and passerby as well," the department said on Twitter later Saturday. "Very difficult fire to put out."

The cause of the fire is set to be investigated Sunday.

Police scanner traffic indicated multiple animals were rescued while the fire was ongoing.

"You're going to have to do that real fast," one firefighter could be heard radioing to another, speaking about the rescue effort.

The Logan Fire Department could not be immediately reached by phone Saturday night. More details about the rescue and the total damage sustained will be reported as they become available.

Contact reporter Ben Lockhart at 801-625-4221 or blockhart@standard.net. Follow him on Twitter at @SE_Lockhart. Like his Facebook page at www.facebook.com/blockhartSE.



Get the Standard-Examiner Advantage.