Sunday , May 14, 2017 - 12:00 AM
1. Ed Sheeran's newest album "Divide" was released following his "Shape of You" and "Castle on the Hill" singles, satisfying his fans after a long wait.
2. Harry Styles stepped back onto the scene with his single, "Sign of the Times," and an announcement for a self-titled debut solo album, which was released May 12.
3. The Chainsmokers and Coldplay collaborated to give us the gift known as "Something Just Like This.”
4. Lana Del Rey also returned with "Love," which was released as a single and followed by a gorgeous music video shortly afterward.
5. Lorde finally made her long-awaited comeback (we're talking four years, people!) with two nearly consecutive singles, "Green Light" and "Liability,” in anticipation of her new album.
6. Imagine Dragons stunned fans with "Believer" and our lives, radios and ears are all better because of it.
7. Gerard Way and Ray Toro collaborated (tears!) to make "Into the Cave We Wander," which was released on vinyl for Record Store Day 2017. It was written to accompany Way's new DC comic series, and you will only be doing yourself a favor by looking it up.
8. Troye Sivan performed his and Martin Garrix's newest collaboration, "There For You," at Coachella. It has not yet been released, but is expected soon, and should precede Sivan's second album.
9. Halsey is returning with "Hopeless Fountain Kingdom,” her second album, and excited fans with a music video called "Now or Never."
10. Finally, Fall Out Boy blew everyone's minds by releasing the ultimate package: a new single titled "Young and Menace," a music video for the song, and an album and tour announcement for this fall. The album will be called "M A N I A" and I'm shaking just thinking about it.
— London Cummings, Fremont High
Sign up for e-mail news updates.