SALT LAKE CITY -- Authorities say a raccoon that clambered up a power pole, touched electrical wires and burst into flames caused a grass fire in an industrial area of Salt Lake City.
Crews have now extinguished the fast-moving blaze that started when the burning raccoon fell to the ground around 5 a.m. Friday along State Route 201.
Investigators tell KSTU-TV the fire burned about 10 acres and threatened several nearby businesses. No damage or injuries were reported.
Salt Lake City Fire Department officials say low humidity and wind are increasing the risk of similar fires.