OGDEN -- A small fire on the roof of Union Station in Ogden filled the lobby with smoke but did no serious damage, Union Station Foundation Director Roberta Beverly said Wednesday.
Beverly said roofers were making repairs to the station's 90-year-old tile roof when some tar started smoldering around 4 p.m. Tuesday.
The building was evacuated, and Ogden firefighters put out the fire.
Beverly said Union Station has an extensive network of smoke detectors and is fully sprinklered. She said she is still investigating to see if the fire did any damage.