* Kevin Whately returns as "Inspector Lewis" in Season 4 of the popular "Masterpiece Mystery!" series. The opener finds our wily detective investigating a murder that occurred during a reunion at an all-female Oxford college. 8 p.m. today, KUED Channel 7.
* The never-ending fascination in prehistoric creatures continues in "Dinosaur Revolution." It's a four-part CGI-animated series that promises an insider's view of the private lives and strange behaviors of dinosaurs. 10 p.m. today, Discovery.
* It's graduation day on "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" -- and the season finale. Now, if only Jack (Greg Finley) and Ricky (Daren Kagasoff) can get those commencement speeches done in time. 9 p.m. Monday, ABC Family.
* The final season of "The Closer" continues with a case tied to the disappearance of a stage father just as his daughter's new single is about to hit the charts. Also, there's a hopeful development in the civil suit against Brenda (Kyra Sedgwick). 7 p.m. Monday, TNT.
* Get your motor running for Season 4 of "Sons of Anarchy." In the opener, the guys, including Clay and Jax (Ron Perlman, Charlie Hunnam), leave prison after a 14-month stretch only to find out that there's a strict new sheriff (Rockmond Dunbar) in town. 11 p.m. Tuesday, FX.
* That early-summer labor strife had us worried that there would be no NFL football this fall. They finally got things worked out and the regular season kicks off with a clash between the last two Super Bowl champs, the New Orleans Saints and the Green Bay Packers. 6:30 p.m. Thursday, NBC.
* Season 2 of the edgy -- and critically adored -- sitcom "Louie" comes to a close way too soon. But maybe, just maybe, misanthropic comedian Louis C.K. will get some Emmy love later this month. 11:30 p.m. Thursday, FX.
* In "Mel Brooks and Dick Cavett Together Again," the comic legend and talk-show pioneer are reunited for a fun-filled hour of informal chatter and showbiz anecdotes. The special was filmed before a live audience at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills. 10 p.m. Friday, HBO.