ROY -- A man working on his lawn mower blades started a fire that burned down his barn on Monday.
Fire crews from Roy, Weber and Riverdale responded to the fire a little before 3 p.m. at 4809 S. 3200 West after the homeowner ran from the burning barn for help.
"He was grinding the lawn mower blades when a spark fell on either some rags or some hay," said Roy's Deputy Fire Chief Ryan Eckardt. "He called 911 and hooked up his hose to try to fight the fire, but by the time he got his hose the barn was fully engulfed."
Eckardt said that there were lawn mowers and other equipment in the barn and none of the items survived the fire. He estimated the total loss at $7,000.