SMITHFIELD -- Three-time defending Region 5 champion Sky View lost Game 1, but swept the next three to drop the Bees 19-25, 25-18, 25-23, 25-23 on Tuesday to remain tied for the league lead with Cache Valley rival Mountain Crest.
The Bobcats' Kylie Pharis had eight kills in two games. Sophomore Taylor Duryea, who only played Game 4, had five kills, three digs and two aces.
Maddie Day had 11 kills and 12 digs for Sky View (7-7 overall, 3-0 league). Hailey Gehring had three total kills, with one solo block and three block assists in Game 2.
"It was definitely not a good serving or passing game for us," Box Elder coach Kris Harding said. "Sky View served tough and we were aced several times in each game. That shouldn't happen.
"I knew Sky View would be good," she said. "I was shocked that we didn't respond as well as we should have with our serving and passing. We led late in Games 2, 3 and 4, but Sky View was able to close things out and win."
The Bees' Sommer Reeder had 11 kills, two block assists and two aces; Kylee Southwick had eight kills, one solo block and five block assists; setter Allie Ewing had 26 assists, two kills, four block assists and two aces; and libero Lacey Farley had 18 digs and one ace for defending league tri-champion Box Elder (11-5, 2-1), which had 10 aces and committed 11 service errors.
* MOUNTAIN CREST DEF. BONNEVILLE 25-17, 22-25, 20-25, 25-20, 15-9: At Hyrum, the Mustangs (16-6, 3-0) retained their share of the league lead with a five-game victory.
The Lakers' Kelly Roberts had 11 kills, one solo block, two block assists and two aces; Tavia Young had nine kills and two solo blocks; setter Andy Hancock had 15 assists, seven digs and two aces; and setter Elora Penrod had 12 assists, nine digs and two aces for Bonneville (7-6, 0-3).
No score was reported on the Logan-Roy match.
* WOODS CROSS DEF. CLEARFIELD 25-10, 25-11, 25-9: At Clearfield, the Falcons (3-21, 0-2) were swept by the Wildcats.
* BEAR RIVER DEF. TOOELE 25-22, 25-18, 26-24: At Garland, the Bears' Morgan Summers had 12 kills, five digs, three aces and six service points; Aubryelle Rhodes had eight kills, seven digs, two aces and seven service points; setter Shaunie Owen had 25 assists, six kills, six digs, two aces and eight service points; and libero Kassi Fronk had 12 digs and two service points for Bear River (7-9, 4-2).
* OGDEN DEF. GRANTSVILLE 14-25, 25-17, 25-19, 20-25, 15-13: At Grantsville, the Tigers' Rhyain Cunha had 11 kills, nine digs, four aces and 13 service points; Gabi Watkins had 12 kills, 11 digs and two aces; Morgan Keesler had eight kills and nine digs; Chezarae Garcia had one kill and five solo blocks; setter Aly Stephenson had 28 assists, three kills, two solo blocks, 14 digs and 16 service points; and libero Taelynn Abrego had 12 digs for Ogden (13-10, 2-4).
* STANSBURY DEF. BEN LOMOND 25-13, 25-10, 25-14: At Ben Lomond High, the Scots fell to 3-20, 0-6.
* LAYTON CHRISTIAN DEF. MOUNT VERNON 25-4, 25-4, 25-3: At Layton Christian, the Eagles' Melina Bachtar had four kills and 10 aces; Daydria Walker had four kills and 11 aces; Zakiya Harris had two kills and one ace; setter Anna Ruzkova had 10 assists and 31 aces; and Kailey Morris had two aces for Layton Christian (14-9, 5-1), which had 55 aces and only five service errors.
* FREMONT DEF. OLYMPUS 25-20, 25-23, 25-14: At Plain City, the Silver Wolves' Stephanie Harris had 18 kills and five digs; Preslee Patton had 13 kills, six digs and four aces; setter Morgan Smith had 33 assists, two kills and eight digs; and libero Sariah Pelaez had 28 digs and one ace for Fremont (21-2).