Team (prev.) Comment
1. L.A. Galaxy (1) Will finish the season as the third team in MLS history to go unbeaten at home (12-0-5).
2. Sounders FC (2) A thrilling comeback in front of 64,140 fans was a perfect send-off for a retiring legend.
3. Sporting K.C. (4) Overcame a tough 10-game road trip to start the year to clinch its 1st playoff berth since '08.
4. Philadelphia (3) Former Sounder Sebastien Le Toux could hit double-digit goals (11) and assists (9) yet again.
5. FC Dallas (9) Struggles are a distant memory after a two-win week vaults them to a third-place tie in the West.
6. Real Salt Lake (5) Winless in five games, but can clinch the West's No. 3 seed with a home win vs. Portland.
7. Columbus (6) Goal differential (0), goals allowed (41) are worst of all the teams qualified for the playoffs.
8. Houston (7) Could enter postseason anywhere from the top seed in the East to the last wild-card.
9. Colorado (8) In the playoffs and could clinch a CCL quarterfinal berth Wed. with a win vs. Santos Laguna.
10. Chicago (12) Became the first team to win after falling behind after 75th min. since OT was eliminated in '04.
11. Portland (10) Facing essentially a must-win game Wed. against an equally desperate D.C. United.
12. N.Y Red Bulls (11) In the driver's seat for the last playoff berth despite the turmoil and a Thierry Henry red card.
13. D.C. United (13) Playoff hopes are on life support after a two-loss week, including a meltdown vs. Chicago.
14. Chivas USA (14) Justin Braun and Nick LaBrocca have combined for a disappointing three goals since July.
15. Toronto FC (16) Thirty-eight players have played for TFC this season, breaking the MLS record of 36.
16. Vancouver (17) Became the fourth team in MLS history to go winless on the road in a season (0-12-5).
17. San Jose (15) Chris Wondolowski could be the first to win two outright MLS Golden Boot titles in a row.
18. New England (18) Five straight defeats marks its longest losing streak in a decade. Club record is nine in a row.
(c)2011 The Seattle Times
Visit The Seattle Times at www.seattletimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services