* Brigham City Library continues its reading discussion series Final Salute: America In A Time Of War at 7 p.m. Thursday with "Sisters in War: A Story of Love, Family, and Survival in New Iraq" by Christina Asquith. The discussion will be led by Kathryn MacKay, professor of history at Weber State University. The narrative chronicles the lives of four women who experienced elation, hope and disappointment following the American invasion of Iraq and the fall of Saddam Hussein. Deftly chronicled by Asquith, who spent two years in Baghdad reporting from the front lines, this informative narrative offers readers a seldom heard female perspective into the everyday lives, struggles, disappointments and triumphs of four women during this chaotic and dangerous time. The discussion is free at the library, 26 E. Forest, Brigham City.
* Ogden author Christy Monson will discuss and sign copies of her book for young readers, "Texting Through Time, A Trek With Brigham Young" (Bonneville Books, $9.99), 5-7 p.m. Friday at Hastings, 340 E. 525 North, Harrisville, and 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday at Deseret Book, 2550 S. Kiesel Ave, Ogden. These are free events. Visit www.christymonson.com for more information.
* Wyoming author Reid Lance Rosenthal discusses and signs copies of "Threads West" (Rockin' SR Publishing, $14.95), 2-7 p.m. Saturday at Hastings, 340 E. 525 North, Harrisville. The book is the first in a six-part series. This is a free event.
Author events this week at The King's English Bookshop include:
* Utah author Ally Condie reads from and signs her new young adult novel "Crossed" at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
* Journalist and amateur cyclist Andrew Tilin reads from and signs his new book "The Doper Next Door: My Strange and Scandalous Year on Performance Enhancing Drugs" at 7 p.m. Thursday.
* Utah writer Susan Sample reads from her new collection of poetry, "Terrible Grace," at 7 p.m. Saturday.
These are free events at the bookshop, 1511 S. 1500 East, Salt Lake City.
* Geraldine Brooks, Pulitzer Prize-winning author of "March" and the recent best-seller "Caleb's Crossing," will be the featured speaker at the Ogden School Foundation's fall author event at 6 p.m. Nov. 10 at Eccles Conference Center, Ogden. Tickets are $70, $90 and $120. Call 801-625-7305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.