POCATELLO, Idaho -- Preston Medlin scored 26 points, hitting 8 of 11 from behind the arc, to lead Utah State to a 75-62 win over Idaho State on Saturday night.
Adam Thoseby added four 3-pointers and 16 points for the Aggies (3-2), who were a combined 13 of 19 (68 percent) from long range. Idaho State (1-4) hit just three of its 18 3-point attempts.
Melvin Morgan led Idaho State with 24 points and was 10 of 12 from the free-throw line. Chase Grabau scored 12 points.
The Bengals managed to stay with the Aggies for much of the game, even leading at four different points. But with the Bengals up 38-35 with more than 15 minutes left in the second half, Utah State (3-2) went on a 17-3 run over the next four minutes.
Down 52-41 with 11 minutes to go, Idaho State was unable to muster any kind of sustained comeback.
* UNC-ASHVILLE 87, UTAH 65: At Paradise Island, Bahamas, the Utes fell behind in the second half and dropped their finale in the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament.
Jason Washburn and Josh Watkins scored 21 points apiece but the Utes committed 16 turnovers to the Bulldogs' six. J.P. Primm led four UNC-Ashville players in double figures, scoring a team-high 20 points.
Utah (1-5) was 3-of-18 from beyond the 3-point arc, and got just nine points from its bench.
Jeremy Atkinson added 16 for the Bullgods (3-4).
Larry Krystowiak's Utah squad comes home to host Weber State on Thursday at the Huntsman Center.
* TROY 80, SOUTHERN UTAH 76: At Cedar City, Will Weathers scored 22 points, including his team's last 11, as Troy took a lead late and held off Southern Utah for a victory.
R.J. Scott added 17 points and Alan Jones 14 for the Trojans (2-3).
Weathers gave Troy a 72-70 advantage on a three-point play with 3:07 remaining. He hit two jumpers to stretch the lead to 76-72 with 45 seconds to go, then protected it with four free throws down the stretch.
Damon Heuir had 22 points and Ramell Taylor 16 for the Thunderbirds (4-3), who scored the last 12 points of the first half to take a 42-40 halftime lead.
* WYOMING 73, MARYLAND-EASTERN SHORE 43: At Laramie, Wyo., Luke Martinez scored a Division I career-high 18 points, including 5 of 5 on 3-pointers, to lead Wyoming over Maryland-Eastern Shore in the Jim Thorpe Classic.
Francisco Cruz added 10 for Wyoming (5-1), which never trailed. Percy Woods had a career-best 18 to lead Maryland-Eastern Shore (1-6).
* PORTLAND STATE 66, LOUISIANA TECH 48: At Laramie, Wyo., Charles Odum scored a career-high 27 points to lead Portland State over Louisiana Tech in the round-robin Jim Thorpe Classic.
Chehales Tapscott added 11 points along with career highs of 14 rebounds and four steals for Portland State (3-2).
Louisiana Tech (2-2) was paced by Michale Kyser with 10 points.
* BOISE STATE 71, NORTHERN ILLINOIS 57: At Boise, Idaho, Anthony Drmic scored 18 points and Jeff Elorriaga added 14 to help Boise State to a victory over Northern Illinois.
Drmic had 15 second-half points and Elorriaga hit four of Boise State's eight second-half 3-pointers as the Broncos (4-1) rebounded from a sluggish start to send the Huskies (0-5) to their seventh straight defeat, dating back to last season.
Abdel Nader scored 16 points for Northern Illinois.
* MONTANA 73, LONG BEACH STATE 71: At Missoula, Mont., Montana nearly squandered a 7-point lead in the game's final five minutes, but held on to beat Long Beach State.
Montana (4-2) led 64-57 late in the second half before Long Beach State used an 11-2 run, punctuated by 7 for 8 free throw shooting, over the next three minutes to take the lead, 68-66, with 1:23 remaining. After Derek Selvig split a pair of free throws and Long Beach State failed to recover a missed shot, Montana's Will Cherry nailed a jumper on the other end with 38 seconds remaining to put the Grizzlies up permanently, 69-68.
Long Beach State (3-2) led 38-32 at halftime and was led in scoring by T.J. Robinson, who scored a game-high 25 points and added 10 rebounds for the double-double.