Carbon monoxide reminder issued

Dec 2 2011 - 11:12pm

BOUNTIFUL -- Firefighters are reminding residents to use caution when using alternate heat sources after a husband and wife suffered carbon monoxide poisoning Friday morning.

The couple used a generator for heat after Thursday's storm knocked out power, said South Davis Metro Fire Agency Chief Jim Rampton.

A woman was walking in the neighborhood when she noticed a door open at 190 S. Bonneview Drive and then heard someone calling for help at 6:40 a.m., Rampton said.

When she went inside she found the couple on the floor just inside the door. Another neighbor helped the woman pull the couple out on the porch and they called 911.

The couple had put a generator in an attached storage area that was not far enough away from the home, which allowed carbon monoxide to get into the house.

The two were taken to Lakeview Hospital, where they are being treated in hyperba

From Around the Web

  +