* And so, in this holiday season, we ask: Why can't all our wars be "Cupcake Wars"? More calories, but less bloodshed. A new season begins tonight. 9 p.m. today, Food Network.
* Oh great, here's a show that will make us feel even more inferior. "Celebrity Holiday Homes" invites viewers into the lavishly decorated abodes of Jordin Sparks, Kurt Warner and Eva LaRue. 9 p.m. today, HGTV.
* Haven't we handed out enough trophies to country music singers already? Apparently not. Trace Adkins and Kristin Chenoweth host the second annual "American Country Awards" tonight from Las Vegas. 7 p.m. Monday, KSTU Channel 13.
* It's really not the holidays until "A Charlie Brown Christmas" hits the airwaves and we find it in our hearts to give some love (or steroids) to that scrawny little Christmas tree. Immediately following is the premiere of "Prep & Landing: Naughty vs. Nice." 7 p.m. Monday, KTVX Channel 4.
* "A Michael Buble Christmas" is a new special that has the low-key Canadian crooner performing songs off his latest holiday CD. Guests include Justin Bieber, Kelli Pickler, Tracy Morgan and Oscar the Grouch. 7 p.m. Tuesday, KSL Channel 5.
* The fourth season of "Sons of Anarchy" was so blisteringly hot that they needed to tack on an extra episode. In the finale, Jax (Charlie Hunnam) struggles to overcome daunting obstacles to finalize the deal between the Irish and the cartel. 11 p.m. Tuesday, FX.
* "Pearl Harbor: 24 Hours After" is a new two-hour documentary that takes an in-depth look at what happened in the critical hours after news of the Japanese assault in Hawaii reached President Franklin Roosevelt. It airs on the 70th anniversary of the attack. 9 p.m. Wednesday, History.
* It's time to crown the 17th season winner of "America's Next Top Model" -- but not before the finalists take on a runway challenge that includes flying and modeling underwater. 8 p.m. Wednesday, The CW.
l* "The Office" holiday party just won't be the same without good ol' Michael Scott. This year, we'll have to settle for watching Robert California (James Spader) drown his sorrows in a deluge of booze. 8 p.m. Thursday, KSL Channel 5.
* Frazzled holiday shoppers can find valuable lessons in the annual airing of "Frosty the Snowman": Just keep your cool and don't have a meltdown. 7 p.m. Friday, KUTV Channel 2.
* "Appropriate Adult" is a two-part psychological thriller about a real-life British serial killer and his relationship with the court-appointed "appropriate adult" assigned to oversee his questioning by police. Emily Watson and Dominic West ("The Wire") head the cast. 11 p.m. Saturday, Sundance.