"Jerry Lewis: Method To The Madness" -- This lively profile examines the show-biz legend from a fresh perspective. Lewis, now 85, looks back at his career as a comedian, actor and filmmaker via a series of candid interviews that cover everything from his roots in vaudeville and his big-screen hits to his fruitful and turbulent relationship with singer Dean Martin. The documentary benefits greatly from never-before-seen footage and the contributions of many big-name Lewis admirers, including Carol Burnett, Jerry Seinfeld, Eddie Murphy, Quentin Tarantino, Chevy Chase, John Landis, Carl Reiner and Steven Spielberg. 8 p.m. Saturday, Encore.
* Those pants and grunts you hear are coming from the final three teams in "The Amazing Race" as they bolt for the finish line. First one to Atlanta nabs $1 million. 7 p.m. today, KUTV Channel 2.
* May we suggest that you watch "Stephen King's Bag of Bones" with the lights on? It's a two-part scarefest about a novelist (Pierce Brosnan) who retreats to a New England lake house after the death of his wife and is tormented by spooky nightmares and visions. 10 p.m. today, A&E.
* Like a horror-movie bad guy, "Fear Factor" just will not die. Almost six years after it left the air, the reality series returns, promising challenges that are more daring and disgusting than ever. Oh, joy. 7 p.m. Monday, KSL Channel 5.
* In the finale of "The Biggest Loser" we meet the biggest winner as our three finalists gather for their last weigh-in. At stake: A hefty cash prize of $250,000. 8 p.m. Tuesday, KSL Channel 5.
* "Raising Hope" gives us yet another twisted take on "It's a Wonderful Life" when Jimmy (Lucas Neff) imagines an existence without baby Hope after he enters a strange realm where he never met his mother (Bijou Phillips). 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, KSTU Channel 13.
* It's that time of the year again -- time for "Barbara Walters Presents the 10 Most Fascinating People of 2011." And if you find the Kardashians more annoying than fascinating, you can take it up with Babs. 8:31 p.m. Wednesday, KTVX Channel 4.
* Every once in a while, there are humorous TV ads that don't provoke you to reach for the remote and/or make a fridge run. They're celebrated in "Funniest Commercials of the Year: 2011." 8 p.m. Wednesday, TBS.
* "The Year With Katie Couric" has the veteran newswoman recalling the major stories of 2011, including the death of Osama bin Laden, the royal wedding and the Penn State scandal. Comedian Chelsea Handler and fashion guru Tim Gunn are among the contributors to the special. 8 p.m. Thursday, KTVX Channel 4.
* Conan O'Brien is our host for "Christmas in Washington," an annual holiday gala attended by the president and first lady. Among the performers this year: Justin Bieber, Cee Lo Green, Jennifer Hudson and the Band Perry. 6 p.m. (repeats at 9:30 p.m.) Friday, TNT.
* The PBS Fall Arts Festival winds down in the Bay Area with a performance of "The Little Mermaid" by the San Francisco Ballet. The adaptation of Hans Christian Andersen's tale was choreographed by John Neumeier, who also designed the sets, costumes and lighting. 8 p.m. Friday, KUED Channel 7.
* Body slams and pile-drivers take a backseat to heartfelt appreciation in "WWE Tribute to the Troops." The annual holiday special has top wrestlers and divas visiting Fort Bragg in North Carolina to entertain and honor the armed forces. 8 p.m. Saturday, KSL Channel 5.