Responding with a few points to the writer of the Jan. 6 letter, "Hatch, Lee must face economic reality," stating that Senators Hatch and Lee are grandstanding by working for a U.S. balanced budget amendment.
1) Balanced budget laws have worked for the states that have them, like Utah. It may be the only solution to control federal spending.
2) Deficit spending equals more taxes, plus the private Federal Reserve Bank diluting our currency.
3) Besides the national debt of over 15 trillion, the U.S. owes over 61.6 trillion in unfunded liabilities. That's over half a million per household.
4) The letter writer, Democrat Bennion Spencer, ran against Jason Chaffetz in 2008 for the 3rd Congressional seat.
5. Bennion Spencer is willing to tell us how Jesus would vote.
If you subscribe to living beyond your means and out of your borrowed (or stolen) abundance, you're charitable to those less responsible than yourself, Bennion Spencer is available to be your Congressman.