* "The Firm" is a new TV drama that picks up 10 years after the events established in the John Grisham novel and the subsequent movie. Stepping in for Tom Cruise is Josh Lucas as attorney Mitchell McDeere. 8 p.m. today, KSL Channel 5.
* Don Cheadle takes on series television in the dark sitcom, "House of Lies." He plays a cutthroat management consultant who is willing to do anything to get his way. Kristen Bell also stars. 11 p.m. today, Showtime.
* "The Layover," Anthony Bourdain's food-centric new series, drops by San Francisco for a high-speed tour of the city's culinary highlights. Along the way, local chefs Danny Bowien and Chris Cosentino show him the ropes. 10 p.m. Monday, Travel Channel.
* "Billy the Kid: American Experience" tells the captivating story of a skinny orphan boy named Henry McCarty, who was born in the slums of New York City and went on to become an infamous outlaw in the Old West. The program features remarks by historians, writers and former New Mexico governor Bill Richardson. 8 p.m. Tuesday, KUED Channel 7.
* Pop artist Brandy, best known for her starring role on "Moesha," joins the cast of "The Game" as the hit sitcom launches its fifth season. She plays a "sassy bartender" who becomes a new love interest for Jason (Coby Bell). 11 p.m. Tuesday, BET.
* OK, this is somewhat confusing: Comedian Chelsea Handler co-executive produces and has a recurring role in "Are You There, Chelsea?," a sitcom based on her best-selling book. But she doesn't play the title character. That job falls to Laura Prepon. Go figure. 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, KSL Channel 5.
* Kaley Cuoco ("The Big Bang Theory") is your host for the "People's Choice Awards 2012." Scheduled performers at the annual gala honoring fan favorites in TV, movies and music include Faith Hill and Demi Lovato. 8 p.m. Wednesday, KUTV Channel 2.
* "30 Rock" fans, rejoice. Tina Fey's Emmy-winning sitcom finally is back in prime time. The Season 6 opener has the gang returning to work after a holiday break, and Jenna (Jane Krakowski) contemplating a new career as a hateful reality TV judge. 7 p.m. Thursday, KSL Channel 5.
* Clearly, not a lot of imagination went into the naming of the new series "Rob," but maybe they saved it for the scripts. The sitcom stars Rob Schneider as a long-time bachelor who marries into a tight-knit Mexican-American family and struggles to adjust to the culture shock. 7:31 p.m. Thursday, KUTV Channel 5.
* Having aired for nearly 44 years, the daytime drama "One Life to Live" enjoyed a long life, indeed. But that's no consolation to beleaguered soap opera fans who must endure yet another departure of an old favorite as the residents of Llanview say good-bye. 1 p.m. Friday, KTVX Channel 4.
* "A Taste of Romance" is a new TV movie about a classically trained chef (Teri Polo) whose competitive embers are stoked when a retired fireman (James Patrick Stuart) opens a restaurant next to hers. Of course, though, you know the friction will wane. 9 p.m. Saturday, Hallmark Channel.