SOUTH JORDAN -- Four boys out to buy soda from a South Jordan store are being called heroes for rescuing a woman on fire.
The boys, ages 12 and 13, were walking to the Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market after school Thursday when they spotted a woman lying in the parking lot with her foot on fire.
KSL-TV reports (http://bit.ly/yo4vK1 ) 12-year-old Matai Wilson took off his coat and used it to smother the flames. The boys then called 911.
South Jordan Police Lt. Dan Starks says the woman was wearing nylons under her jeans, and the pantyhose caught fire when ash from her cigarette burned through the pants.
She was taken to the hospital with serious burns.
The boys' parents say they're proud of their sons and planned to take them to dinner to celebrate.