"Big Hits, Broken Dreams" -- As the Super Bowl approaches, Dr. Sanjay Gupta explores the growing concern over football-related concussions and brain injuries in this revealing documentary. Gupta, a practicing neurosurgeon, spent the 2011 season with a Greenville, N.C., high school team still shaken by the 2008 death of a star running back who had suffered repeated concussion injuries. The program explores what happens to the brain under concussive conditions, and what parents, coaches and athletes need to know in order to protect themselves. 9 p.m. today, CNN.
* Another week, another awards show. This time it's the "18th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards," during which TV and movie stars celebrate their own. Being honored for lifetime achievement is Mary Tyler Moore. 6 p.m. today, TBS & TNT.
* A stellar cast led by Dustin Hoffman and Nick Nolte headline "Luck," a gritty new drama series that examines the world of horse racing. Will it break into the winner's circle, or stumble out of the gate? 10 p.m. today, HBO.
* A new episode of "Intervention" sounds like a suburban nightmare. It focuses on a soccer mom who used to maintain an immaculate home, but has resorted to collecting scrap metal and selling pills to support her crack addiction. 11 p.m. Monday, A&E.
* The kids of "Glee" pay homage to Michael Jackson in an episode that has the New Directions and the Warblers competing in a dance-off. Ten Jackson songs are featured, including a big production number of "Bad." 7 p.m. Tuesday, KSTU Channel 13.
* "Key & Peele" is a new comedy series starring Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. They promise to examine life in a "provocative and irreverent way" through live stage segments and pre-taped sketches. 11:30 p.m. Tuesday, Comedy Central.
* Talking babies. Goofy animals ... For years now, the Super Bowl telecast has been a showcase for standout ad spots. "Super Bowl's Greatest Commercials" is a special that runs down the best of the best, based on viewer votes. 7 p.m. Wednesday, KUTV Channel 2.
* "Grey's Anatomy" offers an intriguing "what if" twist with an episode that envisions alternate fates for the show's characters. Meredith (Ellen Pompeo), for example, imagines what life would have been like if her late mother (Kate Burton) had not fallen victim to Alzheimer's. 8 p.m. Thursday, KTVX Channel 4.
* "The Union," directed by music-loving filmmaker Cameron Crowe, is a documentary that examines the collaboration of Elton John and Leon Russell on their acclaimed 2010 album. Included: A rare look into John's composing process. 10 p.m. Thursday, HBO.
* "Michael Feinstein's American Songbook" returns as our host continues to travel the country and through time to explore 20th-century American popular music. In the Season 2 opener, Feinstein looks at "soundies" -- early music videos. 8 p.m. Friday, KUED Channel 7.
* "NFL Honors: Indianapolis" gets the party started a day early from the site of the Super Bowl as the league celebrates its top players and plays. Alec Baldwin hosts the special with celebrity appearances and a performance by Lenny Kravitz. 7 p.m. Saturday, KSL Channel 5.