OREM -- An Orem school is set to honor a fourth-grader who helped save the life of a friend who was choking on a jawbreaker candy.
The Daily Herald reports (http://bit.ly/wJ0R4D ) Noah Webster Academy will honor Carter Helt's heroism at a special meeting Monday.
Helt says he saw classmate Gary Anderson eat a cinnamon-flavored Atomic Fireball last week from the school library's candy jar.
Anderson says it slipped down his throat and started choking him, so he started to bang on a table and make gestures to get help.
Helt says the candy came out when he used the Heimlich maneuver, which he learned two weeks earlier in health class.
The boys say they're now best friends after the ordeal. School officials say the candy jar has been removed.