LOGAN -- Back home in the friendly confines, Utah State coach Stew Morrill will try to work with the Aggies' fragile psyche as USU hosts Louisiana Tech and New Mexico State in WAC basketball action.
First up is Louisiana Tech, set for 7 p.m. at the Smith Spectrum.
"One of the key things for this week is going to be trying to get our spirits up and trying to realize we have an opportunity in front of us with five straight home games," Morrill said.
Utah State is currently 12-12 on the season and 4-5 in WAC play "Coming off a disappointing road trip, where we were in both games, had a chance to win both games and didn't win either of them," he added.
Louisiana Tech is 11-12 on the season, 3-5 in WAC play. The Bulldogs are led by guard Raheem Appleby who is averaging 14.2 points per game.
* UTAH AT ARIZONA STATE IN PAC-12 PLAY: Looking for their first win away from home, the Utah Utes play Arizona State in Pac-12 basketball action tonight. Game tims is 6:30 p.m. in Tempe, Ariz.
Utah has won the last two meetings between the teams, including a 64-43 victory on Jan. 21 in Salt Lake City. Junior guard Cedric Martin scored a game-high 17 points for the Utes. Carrick Felix was the Sun Devils' leading scorer with 13 points.
That win snapped a four-game losing streak for the Utes. They enter Thursday's contest in the same circumstance, hoping to get back in the win column after four consecutive losses.
Utah's leading scorer and rebounder is junior center Jason Washburn, who averages 10.4 points and 6.3 boards per game. Kareem Storey leads the Utes in assists with 3.1 per game.
The Sun Devils' leading active scorer is Felix, who averages 10.3 points per game. Kyle Cain leads ASU with 6.0 rebounds per game. Trent Lockett, who led the team with 13.9 points and 6.4 rebounds through 17 games, has not played since spraining his ankle on Jan. 14 against Oregon State.
* NO. 2 SYRACUSE 64, NO. 12 GEORGETOWN 61 (OT): At Syracuse, N.Y., Kris Joseph scored 29 points, hitting a go-ahead 3-pointer in the final minute of overtime, and Syracuse beat Georgetown to give coach Jim Boeheim his 880th career win.
* NO. 10 DUKE 85, NO. 5 NORTH CAROLINA 84: At Chapel Hill, N.C., Freshman Austin Rivers buried a 3-pointer at the horn to give No. 10 Duke a win over North Carolina .
* NO. 7 KANSAS 68, NO. 6 BAYLOR 54: At Waco, Texas, Jeff Withey scored 25 points as the Jayhawks had another convincing victory over Baylor.
* NO. 11 MICHIGAN STATE 77, PENN STATE 57: At East Lansing, Mich., Draymond Green had 23 points and 12 rebounds to lead the Spartans to victory over the Nittany Lions.
* BOSTON COLLEGE 64, NO. 15 FLORIDA STATE 60: At Boston, Jordan Daniels scored a career-high 19 points, including four 3-pointers, to help the Eagles snap the Atlantic Coast Conference-leading Seminoles' win streak at seven games.
* NO. 19 VIRGINIA 68, WAKE FOREST 44: At Charlottesville, Va., Mike Scott made all nine of his shots and scored 19 points for the Cavaliers, who ended a six-game losing skid at the hands of the Demon Deacons.