SOUTH JORDAN -- Officials say two pipeline workers are at a hospital with injuries after propane from a portable heater exploded inside an underground vault in South Jordan.
The Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District tells The Associated Press that the subcontractors were working on a new water line Friday morning along the Old Bingham Highway on the west side of Salt Lake County.
The water district's chief engineer Alan Packard says the workers' injuries are not life-threatening.
Packard says the men turned on the portable propane heater inside an underground vault and there was an explosion. The origin of the propane leak wasn't clear.