According to information from Nanette Hosenfeld, a meteorologist at the National Weather Service Forecast Office, a winter storm is on the way for Wednesday through Friday.
The event is expected to produce heavy snow in the mountains with smaller amounts in the valley areas. Between Wednesday afternoon and Friday:
* Snow is expected in Top of Utah on Wednesday and is expected statewide by Thursday
* Snow in the valleys: 3-6 inches
* Snow in the benches: 6-12 inches
* Northern mountains: 1-2 feet
* Southern mountains: 10-18 inches
* May affect commutes Wednesday evening, Thursday morning, Thursday evening, possibly Friday morning
* Specific commute information will be available at commuterlink.utah.gov
* Avalanche danger could increase.