OGDEN -- A Lenten Journey and Soup Supper is being held every Wednesday evening at Ascension Lutheran Church, 1105 N. Washington Blvd.
The soup suppers begin at 6:30 p.m., with the Lenten Journey at 7 p.m.
Pastor Matthew Muters teaches the class, titled "Making Sense of the Cross".
The series "invites us to gather together and 'listen in' on a conversation two people are having as they discuss openly and candidly the focus and function of the cross in our day and age," a news release states.
The schedule is:
* March 7, Portraits and Perspectives
* March 14, Ransom and Victory
* March 21, Substitution, Satisfaction and Sacrifice
* March 28, Example and Encouragement
* April 4, Event and Experience
All are welcome. Call
10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Monday-Thursday for information.