Friday , March 02, 2012 - 11:36 AM
OGDEN — A Lenten Journey and Soup Supper is being held every Wednesday evening at Ascension Lutheran Church, 1105 N. Washington Blvd.
The soup suppers begin at 6:30 p.m., with the Lenten Journey at 7 p.m.
Pastor Matthew Muters teaches the class, titled “Making Sense of the Cross”.
The series “invites us to gather together and ‘listen in’ on a conversation two people are having as they discuss openly and candidly the focus and function of the cross in our day and age,” a news release states.
The schedule is:
• March 7,Portraits and Perspectives
• March 14, Ransom and Victory
• March 21, Substitution, Satisfaction and Sacrifice
• March 28, Example and Encouragement
• April 4, Event and Experience
All are welcome. Call
10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Monday-Thursday for information.
Sign up for e-mail news updates.