OGDEN -- The first matchup of the spring between 2-A North soccer rivals Layton Christian and St. Joseph was no contest.
St. Joseph scored four goals in each half for a convincing 8-0 victory over the visiting Eagles on Friday afternoon at Joseph Field.
David Donlevy posted a hat trick, while Adam Brodstein added a pair of goals. Keyanu Tate, Oswald Cruz and Mitch Koehler each had goals, while Koehler also spent a half in goal.
* BEAR RIVER 3, TOOELE 0: At Garland, the Bears' Tanner Christensen deliverd a hat trick in the second half for the win.
* STANSBURY 1, BEN LOMOND 0: At Ogden, the Stallions won a tight contest with a second-half goal from Jara Eshete.
* OGDEN 8, GRANTSVILLE 0: At Grantsville, the Tigers put the hammer down with a road win in their league opener.
Alex Garcia scored a hat trick, while Pepe Trejo added a pair of goals. Ulises Acosta assisted on the first three Ogden scores.
Dayton Wright, Roqu Ceja and Eric Calderon added goals while Auggie Garcia earned the shutout in goal.
* CLEARFIELD 3, SYRACUSE 0: At Syracuse, the Falcons won for the first time on the season with a shutout win.
Clearfield led 2-0 at the half on goals from Corona and Stockton Larsen. Kavikrishnan Balikrishnan, an exchange student from Denmark who is leaving for home soon, scored the final goal for the Falcons.
Brandon Ward posted the upset for Clearfield.
* BRIGHTON 2, FREMONT 1: At Plain City, Brighton scored the only goal of the second half to get the win.
Colton Strong scored for Fremont in the opening half.
* DAVIS 7, BONNEVILLE 0: At Kaysville's Angel Street Park, the Darts led 2-0 at the break then went wild after halftime.
Devin Farnes had a hat trick for Davis, while John Taylor added two goals. Mitch Jensen and Mitch Parkinson also scored.
In another league contest, Northridge topped Cottonwood 9-0. No details were reported.
* ROY 17, NORTHRIDGE 4 (FIVE INNINGS): At Northridge High, the defending state 5-A champion Royals -- now competing as a 4-A school -- roughed up the Knights behind a season-high run total and five home runs.
Caylie Phelts went 2-for-4 with a two-run shot and scored two runs. Brittnee Higgs was 2-for-3 with two runs; Kylee Blau went 2-for-3 with a grand slam; Jamie Aiken had a two-run bomb, walked twice and scored two runs; freshman Jeanille Vigil smacked a solo homer; and Bryce Mitchell had a two-run bomb with a walk and two runs for Roy (6-2 overall).
Kelsey Raitt went 2-for-3 with an RBI and a run; Macy Rhoades was 2-for-2 with a double; and Angela Poll went 3-for-3 with a double and an RBI single for Northridge (2-5).
Varsity coaches are reminded to report the results of their varsity matches as soon as possible each night by calling 801-625-4261 or 801-625-4264.