BOUNTIFUL -- Tax preparation through Volunteer Income Tax Assistance is available from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. this Wednesday at Bountiful City Hall, 790 S. 100 East, for those who qualify.
According to the Bountiful city website, if your household or individual income is $50,000 or less per year, trained community volunteers will prepare your federal and state taxes free of charge.
Federal and state taxes will be done during the above hours at Bountiful City Hall on Wednesdays through April 11.
You may make an appointment by calling 2-1-1. Walk-in are also welcome, but they must be taken after the appointments, according to the information on the website.
Items needed to get taxes done include:
* Social Security card for you, your spouse and your dependents. If you don't have a Social Security card, bring an ITIN or a letter from the Social Security Administration.
* Correct birthdates for you, your spouse and dependents.
* Wage and earning statements (an example is a W-2).
* Interest and dividend statements from banks, e.g., Form 1009
* A copy of last year's tax return is helpful, but not essential.
* If you are itemizing deductions, additional materials need to be furnished, such as receipts for medical expenses, charitable contributions, mortgage, property taxes, etc.
* Amount paid for daycare, provider's name and address, plus tax identifying number.
* If you want to have a refund electronically deposited, bring a check so the tax preparer can get the routing number of the bank and your account number.
* Both parties of a joint return must come in to sign the forms, even if e-filing.
This is not intended to be a complete listing of all possible items needed to complete the return. Taxpayers may call
2-1-1 for additional VITA