Cut wiring sparked Holladay apartment fire
Tuesday , March 20, 2012 - 11:23 AM
HOLLADAY -- Unified Fire Authority officials say a fire that displaced 20 to 30 people in a Holladay apartment complex started when electrical wiring was accidentally cut during construction work.
No residents were hurt when the flames broke out about 4 p.m. in the walls separating the apartments, although one police officer was treated for mild smoke inhalation.
Officials estimate there are hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages.
An unrelated fire Monday afternoon in Roy burned a 12-unit building at the Herfordshire Apartment complex.
The American Red Cross Utah Region says it's offering food, clothing and shelter to families displaced by the two fires.STORY:201203200025Cut wiring sparked Holladay apartment fire/Local/2012/03/20/Cut-wiring-sparked-Holladay-apartment-fire.html-1