OGDEN — There’s nothing like delivering a beatdown on the team right above you in the standings.
The Ogden Tigers rapped out 15 hits en route to an 8-0 Region 11 baseball win over Tooele on Thursday.
Brian Saunders limited the Buffaloes (3-5, 4-13) to four hits on the game, as Ogden improved to 3-5 as well, 8-7 overall.
Michael Richardson tripled, and Hunter Anderson, Kameron Laird and J.J. Stein each added doubles for the Tigers.
• BEAR RIVER 11, MORGAN 1: At Garland, the Bears crossed the plate early and often in the five-inning game.
Jordan Rose and Kade Purser each had doubles forBear River (5-4, 12-7). Hunter Elbrader was credited with the win on the mound.
Morgan (4-4, 9-8) hurt its own cause with four fielding errors.
Ben Lomond hosted Grantsville in the other league game.
• MOUNTAIN CREST 5, ROY 0: At Roy, Justin Petersen shut down the Royals, and the Mustangs scored five unearned runs to stay in first place at 4-1, 9-6 overall.
Grady Hansen doubled for Roy (1-4, 3-10) but the Royals hurt their own cause with six errors. Garrett Bowman took the loss despite allowing just six hits.
• SKY VIEW 6, BOX ELDER 2: At Brigham City, the Bobcats won with a dozen hits, five for extra-base hits.
Dallen Godfrey had a homer and a double for Sky View (4-1, 10-4). Zach Hansen earned the win. Connor Udy and Kaelton Heil had doubles for the Bees (1-4, 3-12).
• LAYTON 12, NORTHRIDGE 2: At Layton High, the host Lancers used errors and a dozen hits to finish off the Knights in six innings.
Jaden Trujillo hit a triple and a home run for the Lancers (1-3, 3-8). Logan Greenhalgh also hit a double and earned the win on the mound.
Cody Bialcak and Troy Quarnberg had doubles for the Knights (0-4, 0-13).
• SYRACUSE 9, FREMONT 4: At Plain City, the Titans broke things open with four in the seventh inning.
Jordan Cobabe picked up the win for league-leading Syracuse (5-0, 8-5). Hayden Udy had a triple and Jake Groberg and Sawyer Morain added doubles.
Taylor Kranendonk took the loss for Fremont (2-3, 6-8).
• DAVIS 14, WEBER 4: At Kaysville, the Darts jumped ahead from the start and cruised to the five-inning win.
Bronson Larsen and Zac Fuller each cracked a pair of doubles for Davis (4-1, 10-2). The Darts had 14 hits on the day, scoring five in the first inning. Fuller earned the victory on the mound.
Cooper Roylance had a pair of doubles for Weber (2-3, 8-7), which managed just three hits. Austin Kelly took the loss.
• CYPRUS 21, CLEARFIELD 2: At Magna, the Pirates scored 12 in the second inning to pick up the easy win.
Kyler Butler went 3-3 with six RBIs to lead Cyprus.
The Falcons fell to 3-3 in league play, 7-8 overall.
Bountiful topped Woods Cross 5-1 in the other league contest.