Tuesday , March 18, 2014 - 12:37 PM
SOUTH SALT LAKE -- A man is hospitalized after an explosion at his South Salt Lake mobile home left burns on about half his body.
Fire officials say they responded to the mobile home about 7 a.m. Tuesday. They found a man with second- and third-degree burns and transported him to the hospital.
South Salt Lake Deputy Fire Chief Kevin Bowman tells the Salt Lake Tribune nobody else was injured, although some nearby trailers were damaged by debris.
Officials say it appears the fire started with a propane tank at the home.
Sign up for e-mail news updates.