KAYSVILLE -- Davis upended Fremont 4-3 Tuesday with a lone run in the seventh to keep pace with Syracuse.
"The one stat that matters is in the win column," Darts coach Dave Leo said. "We hit the ball and scored some runs and really played great defense. That is something that is a strength for us -- our defense."
Davis scored first with on RBI single from Carson Beyer, but Fremont took the lead when Tom Wilson ripped a two-run triple in the second and Lloyd Stephens singled in Braden Strattford in the third, giving the Silver Wolves a 3-1 lead.
The Darts clawed their way back to a tie with RBIs from Bronson Larson and Zac Fuller. Davis scored the winning run in the seventh after an infield error with two runners on brought Cody Day in from second base. Day came on in relief in the fourth inning to earn the victory for the Darts.
Brody Rich pitched the complete game in the loss, striking out seven.
* SYRACUSE 16, NORTHRIDGE 1: At Layton, the Titans pounded out 16 runs on 11 hits in keeping their grip on first place with the resounding win. Brandon Hammond led the offensive attack with a two-run triple and a two-run home run. Jason Jourdan pitched the complete game four-hitter with eight strikeouts.
* LAYTON 8, WEBER 5: At Layton, the Lancers got a great pitching performance from Logan Greenhalgh and a couple of two-run singles from Quinton Marcelin and Greenhalgh to push Layton to the home victory.
* BOX ELDER 16, ROY 7: At Brigham City, the Bees broke open a close contest with 11 runs in the bottom of the sixth inning.
Kaelton Heil and Connor Udy had three hits apiece for Box Elder. Brady Pearson earned the win.
* MOUNTAIN CREST 5, BONNEVILLE 0: At Hyrum, the Lakers were shutout against the Mustangs, but got solid pitching from Connor Baird in the loss, who struck out nine in a complete game. In the other league game, Sky View edged Logan 4-3.
* HIGHLAND 11, CLEARFIELD 5: At Clearfield, the Rams pulled away six runs in the seventh inning. Nick Angelico led the Falcons with two RBIs and Connor Parry had one.
* STANSBURY 13, OGDEN 5: At Ogden, the Tigers ran out of gas, giving up nine late runs.
* MORGAN 4, TOOELE 2: At Morgan, the Trojans had an RBI double from Cameron Jarrett and an RBI single from Lantzen Toomer and Braden Daniel made their small lead hold up with 10 Ks as Morgan grabbed a hold of second place in the region standings.
* BEAR RIVER 2, GRANTSVILLE 1: At Grantsville, the Bears won a pitchers' duel, with Taylor Ramsdell earning the win on the mound. Colton Cornwall and Ramsdell each doubled for Bear River.