LAYTON -- While Syracuse and Davis appear on a collision course for Region 1 baseball supremacy, the Layton Lancers seem to be moving up the standings at a rapid pace.
Layton's 6-5 comeback win over Weber on Friday afternoon kept the momentum going.
"It was a well-played game for both teams," Layton coach Rob Fernau said. "It was nice to come up on the winning side."
Jaden Trujillo's walk-off 2-RBI double capped the seventh-inning comeback. Quinton Marcella and Cody Moss walked and moved into scoring position for the Lancers.
Logan Greenhalgh and Trujillo had a pair of hits each for Layton.
Dexter Paiz earned the victory in relief.
Weber's Nelson Champion tripled and Joe Luna had a pair of doubles. Weber outhit Layton 10-6.
* SYRACUSE 13, NORTHRIDGE 8: At Layton, the Titans earned the win in a slugfest. The teams combined for 23 hits.
Brandon Hammond recorded a pair of doubles for league-leading Syracuse. Dakota Yoshimura picked up the win on the mound.
* DAVIS 8, FREMONT 1: At Kaysville, the Darts' Tyler Hall tossed a four-hitter and the Darts took care of things at the plate.
"Tyler just pitched smart, throwing ground balls and fly balls and the defense did a good job. I was pleased with the defense," Davis coach Dave Leo said.
Davis scored three in the first and five in fifth inning. Corby Fuhriman had two hits and three RBIs. Zac Fuller had two hits, including a double. Gage Cook also doubled.
* BONNEVILLE 8, BOX ELDER 7: At Washington Terrace, with many games postponed due to unsettled weather, the Lakers and Bees locked up in a tight battle.
Bonneville put together a string of walks and hits in the fifth inning to take the lead for good. Bryson Longman and Will Heward each had a pair of hits for the Lakers.
Sophomore pitchers Mitch Westmoreland and Casey Cundick pitched well in relief for the Lakers.
* SOUTH SUMMIT 14, LAYTON CHRISTIAN 1: At Layton, the Eagles dropped a five-inning contest. No other details were reported.
* MORGAN 20, BEN LOMOND 18: At Morgan, the effort was evident on both sides as the Trojans topped the Scots in a high-scoring that featured a lot of walks and errors.
Morgan scored four runs in the sixth to earn the come-from-behind win.
Lindsay Mahan had a pair of hits and Lexie Palmer had a two-RBI double in the Trojan's 11-run third inning.