KAYSVILLE -- It took a stellar catch in left field to save it, but Davis held on to beat Syracuse in a 2-1 pitcher's duel Wednesday.
And with the win, the Darts clinched the Region 1 title.
Tyler Hall tossed a complete-game three-hitter for the Darts and teammate Corby Fuhriman scored the game's first run in addition to making a game-saving catch in the seventh inning.
Ahead by a run in the top of the seventh, the Darts held their breath when Syracuse's Brandon Hammond ripped a shot to left field. But Fuhriaman locked in and caught up to it with a diving catch as the ball screamed toward the outfield wall.
Had Hammond's blast fallen in, it easily could have started a Titans' rally. Instead it was the first out of the final inning and it preserved the win for Hall.
Syracuse lety Jordan Cobabe was the hard-luck loser. He went the distance for the Titans, striking out six while holding the Darts to four singles.
Cobabe allowed the go-ahead run to score in the bottom of the fourth after an errant pick-off move to first base.
Dusty Argyle scored the run.
Furhiman scored for the Darts in the top of the first.
Hammond had the game's only extra-base hit, a double.
* WEBER 10, NORTHRIDGE 0: At Pleasant View, the Warriors rocked the Knights with 10 runs on 10 hits.
Cooper Roylance earned the win and he also had the game's only extra-base hit, a triple.
* LAYTON 11, FREMONT 10: At Layton, the Lancers held on for dear life as the Silver Wolves rallied for seven runs in the final two innings.
Jaden Trujillo earned the win for the Lancers, who scored 11 runs on 11 hits.
Trujillo hit a double for the Lancers.
Layton led 11-3 going into the sixth inning when Fremont began to rally.
Tom Wilson had a home run and a double for the Silver Wolves and teamamte Preston Arke also added a double.
Jake Hobbs took the loss for Fremont.
* ROY 6, SKY VIEW 5: At Smithfield, the Royals were well in control until the final couple of outs but still hung on for the key win.
Roy and Box Elder are tied for the final Region 5 playoff spot with a game to play. The teams would face a play-in game if they are tied in the standings.
Wednesday, Braxton Patton pitched an efficient game and the Royals led 6-1 with three outs to go.
But the Bobcats battled for a couple of run via walks and singles. A fielding error pushed two more runs across. But with runners at second and third, Patton struck out the final batter for the win.
Skyler Coombs homered and Carson Bubert and Connor McGuire had two hits each for the Royals.
* BOX ELDER 15, BONNEVILLE 5: At Brigham City, the Bees scored 15 runs on 11 hits to take down the Lakers.
Tyler Bate scattered three Bonneville hits to pick up the win.
Jyke Brooks, Kealton Heil and Tucker Lange all hit doubles for the Bees.
Mitch Russo doubled for the Lakers.
* Logan 1, Mountain Crest 0: At Hyrum, the Grizzlies' Spencer Parkinson allowed seven hits, but still kept the Mustangs scoreless through seven innings.
Logan scored its only run in the fourth inning.
* Bonneville 5, Grantsville 1: At Washington Terrace, Andrea Hancock picked up the win for the Lakers.
Hancock also tripled and teammate McKinlee Westmoreland had a double for the Lakers.