Sunday , June 10, 2012 - 7:34 AM
* Neil Patrick Harris returns to host "The 66th Annual Tony Awards," the gala that celebrates Broadway's best. Looking to collect lots of shiny trophies is the musical "Once," which leads all shows with 11 nominations. 7 p.m. today, KUTV Channel 2.
* Breathtaking photography is featured throughout "Untamed Americas," a documentary series that focuses on nature's daily battles for survival. Narrated by Josh Brolin, the program takes viewers on an incredible journey across North, Central and South America. 7 p.m. today, National Geographic.
* Betty got fat. Roger got high. Pete got his butt kicked. And those were just a few of the strange occurrences that happened this year on "Mad Men," which wraps up a very offbeat Season 5. 8 p.m. today, AMC.
* Sutton Foster stars in "Bunheads," a new drama series from Amy Sherman-Palladino ("Gilmore Girls"). She plays a fading Las Vegas show girl who winds up in a sleepy beach town and struggles to adapt to life as an instructor at a dance studio for wannabe ballerinas. 10 p.m. Monday, ABC Family.
*"Hollywood Heights" follows the journey of a teen girl (Brittany Underwood) whose life changes drastically when she becomes a star and falls in love with her pop-music idol (Cody Longo). The show was adapted from a popular Mexican telenovela. 7 p.m. Monday, Nickelodeon.
* David Morrissey plays the title character in "Thorne," a new adaptation of Mark Billingham's crime fiction series. In the opening episode, Inspector Tom Thorne tries to track down a ruthless predator while confronting nightmares from his own past. 10 p.m. Tuesday, Encore.
* J.R., Bobby and Sue Ellen Ewing (Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray) may be older now, but some things never change: In a lively "Dallas" reboot, battles for power and love still go on at Southfork Ranch, even as a new generation assumes control. 7 p.m. Wednesday, TNT l "41" is a new documentary that offers "a rare, intimate glimpse" of the life of George H.W. Bush, our 41st president. Bush shares anecdotes from his childhood, family, service in World War II and political career. 10 p.m. Thursday, HBO.
* We expect gasps to emanate from living rooms all over America during "Megastunts: Highwire Over Niagara Falls -- Live!" It's a special offering coverage of daredevil Nik Wallenda's attempt to walk a tightrope across the falls -- a feat that had been banned for more than a century. 8 p.m. Friday, KTVX Channel 4.
l "Blue Lagoon: The Awakening" is a partial remake of the 1980 big-screen flick. Mismatched high school students (Indiana Evans and Brenton Thwaites) form a bond while stranded on a tropical island that, hopefully, is not home to a smoke monster. 6 p.m. Saturday, Lifetime.
l "We Were Here," a poignant installment of the "Independent Lens" series, looks at how San Francisco responded to AIDS when it arrived in 1981. Though the disease devastated a community, it also brought people together in inspiring ways. 1 a.m. June 17, KUED Channel 7.
Sign up for e-mail news updates.