WEST POINT -- The Miss West Point Scholarship Pageant will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday at Syracuse High School, 665 S 2000 West, Syracuse.
Each contestant was challenged to organize and complete a community service project within the city. Contestants will be judged on fitness, poise, talent, interview, public speaking and their community service efforst.
The Miss West Point contestants, ages 17-21, are:
* Kendra Perkins, daughter of Chris and Gayle Perkins, organized a media drive for donations to the Huntsman Cancer Institute.
* Sarah McEntire, daughter of Wayne and Jane McEntire, taught local youth how to swing and country line dance.
* Miranda Christensen, daughter of Justin and Candice Newbold, held a local service project.
* Katelyn Davidson, daughter of Lloyd and Erin Davidson, organized a literacy night at Lakeside Elementary School.
* Jenna Sorenson, daughter of Michael and Diane Sorenson, taught young people about healthy eating and being physically fit.
* Andrea Thomas, daughter of Duane and Janice Thomas, organized a theater workshop for children.
* Katelin Hayman, daughter of Chad and Mickie Hayman and Dayna and Gregg Hatch, organized a community blood drive.
* Morganne Rogers, daughter of Steven and Brandiann Rogers, organized a toy drive for Ogden Regional Medical Center.
* Bailey Jernigan, daughter of Wayne and Carrie Jernigan, made summer literacy packets for incoming first graders.
The Junior Miss West Point contestants, ages 14 to 16, are:
* Jessica Davidson, daughter of Lloyd and Erin Davidson, organized a toy donation drive for foster children .
* Kelsey Bair, daughter of Lee and Cindy Bair, baked and delivered cookies to influential people in her life.
* Gabby Young, daughter of Mike and Jana Young, organized a fundraiser for a local boy with Cystic Fibrosis.
* Shaylee Mahoney, daughter of Timothy and Linda Mahoney, held a baseball clinic for West Point youth.
* Macady Berger, daughter of Ty and Monica Berger, assisted local teachers with math counters for first graders.
* Julianne Orton, daughter of Ben and Ammi Orton, volunteered at the Family Tree Assisted Living Center.
* Vanessa Sorenson, daughter of Michael and Diane Sorenson, wrote letters with local school children for the military.
* Jaynee Stenquist, daughter of Michael and Jennifer Stenquist, presented physical fitness workshops for local school classes.
* Becca Parker, daughter of Jay and Christi Parker, helped organize a silent auction for a family member with kidney disease.