SYRACUSE -- The city's annual celebration of Heritage Days began Monday with a week of activities.
This year's celebration began with the second annual Syracuse's Got Talent celebration and includes a wide range of activities, including a parade and fireworks show on Saturday.
The week's list of events:
* The week began with Monday's talent show at Founder's Park, 1900 West and 1500 South. Winners from Monday's show will perform at a Saturday night finale.
* Today, all-star baseball games will be at Founder's Park, with the minor league game at 4 p.m. and the major league game at 6 p.m.
* Several activities are scheduled for Wednesday.
A children's night and parade is set for 7 p.m. at Centennial Park, 1800 South and 2000 West. Kids are invited to dress up as their favorite Dr. Seuss character as part of what is being dubbed "Seussville." The parade lineup begins at 6:30 p.m.
Also scheduled for Wednesday is the 10th anniversary celebration of the Syracuse Museum and Cultural Center at 1 p.m. Past museum volunteers will be honored, and wagon rides, pioneer games and light refreshments are part of the festivity.
The third annual chalk art festival begins at 5 p.m. Wednesday and ends at 5:30 p.m. Thursday. There is a $5 participation fee. The event is scheduled at Founder's Park.
* The city's annual carnival begins Thursday and extends through Saturday. Times are 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. Thursday and Friday, and 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday.
Family fun night and the city's third annual pie social also are scheduled for Thursday. The pie social begins at 6 p.m. at Founder's Park, and family fun night begins at 7 p.m., with a movie beginning at dusk. Teen night is also scheduled for Thursday for ages 13-18, beginning at 7 p.m. at Founder's Park.
* Friday's activities include a three-on-three basketball tournament, which starts at 5 p.m. and continues through Saturday.
* Saturday marks the last day of the celebration, and it begins with a pancake breakfast fundraiser for Chloe's Sunshine Playground from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at the community center, 1912 West and 1900 South.
The parade begins at 10 a.m. and runs from the round-about to the high school on 2000 West.
A police auction is scheduled at 1 p.m. at the department, 1787 South and 2000 West.
At Jensen Park, 3208 S. Bluff Road, a concert is set for 7 p.m. and fireworks will follow at dusk.
For more details on the festivities, see www.
syracuserecreation.com or call 801-614-9660.