The Summer Olympics -- It's game on as elite athletes from around the globe gather in London for what NBC hopes will be a jolly good show. The network and its various cable platforms plan more than 5,500 hours of coverage -- plus unprecedented live-streaming online. It all begins with the Opening Ceremony and the traditional Parade of Nations. Oscar-winning director Danny Boyle ("Slumdog Millionaire") is the creative force behind the $126 million extravaganza, which will have touches of British greats, including William Shakespeare, the Beatles and James Bond. In addition, Queen Elizabeth II will be on hand to officially open the Games. 6:30 p.m. Friday, KSL Channel 5.
* Fairy tale or fiasco? On the season finale of "The Bachelorette," Emily Maynard must choose between her two final suitors in hopes of securing a happily-ever-after -- or, more likely, a short-lived engagement. 7 p.m. today, KTVX Channel 4.
* Break out the surf boards. "Teen Choice Awards 2012" sends a big wave of love at the hottest teen icons in entertainment, sports and fashion. Demi Lovato and Kevin McHale ("Glee") are your hosts. 7 p.m. today, KSTU Channel 13.
* "Bar Rescue" returns with "nightlife consultant" Jon Taffer looking to save more failing taverns. But, really, how do we become nightlife consultants? Do they offer a degree in that? 10 p.m. today, Spike TV.
* "Bachelor Pad," the spin-off dating series, returns for another raucous season and this time the cast includes five "superfans." Who knew? This freak show actually has superfans. 8 p.m. Monday, KTVX Channel 4.
* As "Warehouse 13" opens its fourth season, the team confronts the horrible reality of the Warehouse's destruction and the tragic loss of Agent Jinks. The Season 2 opener of "Alphas" follows. 7 p.m. Monday, Syfy.
* Here's an offer we can't refuse: "The Godfather Legacy" is a two-hour special in which historians, scholars and others discuss the influence the Corleone family has had on American culture. 10 p.m. Tuesday, History Channel.
* "The CLIOS: World's Best Commercials" is a celebration of the most innovative, funny and offbeat TV ads from the U.S. and abroad. This is one time you don't want to skip past the sales pitches. 7 p.m. Wednesday, KSL Channel 5.
* "Top Chef Masters" returns for more sizzling drama as 12 renown chefs convene in Las Vegas for a culinary smack-down. In the opener, they play a card game to score ingredients for a high-end buffet. 11 p.m. Wednesday, Bravo.
* Fun-seeker Bert Kreischer has more surprises in store on "Flip Trip," the show that convinces vacationing couples to ditch their itineraries and let him plan some offbeat adventures. Two tourists in Cancun enjoy cave rappelling, Mexican wrestling and driving a Ferrari. 7 p.m. Thursday, Travel Channel.
* "The Philadelphia Experiment" is a remake of a cult classic in which a World War II experiment is replicated with disastrous results. Seems that an old warship returns to wreak havoc. 7 p.m. Saturday, Syfy.