ROY -- The Miss Roy scholarship pageant will kick off Roy Days events at 7 p.m. Saturday at Roy High School, 2150 W. 4800 South.
Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for youths and can be purchased at the door. Tickets can be purchased in advanced from the contestants for $8 for adults and $6 for youths.
This year there are 11 contestants:
- Kaitlyn Banta, 18, is the daughter of Lori and Kenneth Banta, of West Haven. She recently graduated from Roy High School. She plans to attend Snow College in the fall and pursue a degree in nursing.
- Brittney Buhler, 20, is the daughter of JaNae and David Butler and RJ and Wendy Buhler. She graduated from Roy High and received her associate degree from Weber State University. She is enrolled in the radiology technician program this fall.
- Nalani Cummins, 18, is the daughter of Bruce and Tracy Cummins. She graduated from Roy High with the class of 2012 and plans to attend Utah State University in the fall to pursue a degree in business administration.
- Fallon Eastabrook, 18, is the daughter of Amy and Rob Higgs, of Roy, and Tim and Sandra Eastabrook, of Idaho. Fallon is a 2012 graduate of Roy High. She will begin her studies at WSU in the fall to pursue a career in the medical field.
- Shelby Hill, 18, is the daughter of Trenton and Joni Hill, of Roy. She graduated with honors from Roy High, currently attends Ogden Weber Applied Technology College Cosmetology School and will graduate in the fall. She plans to attend WSU.
- Kortney Hoopes, 18, is the daughter of Robin and Derek Hoopes. She is a 2012 graduate of Roy High and will attend Davis Applied Technology College to study cosmetology and photography.
- Shelby Jensen, 17, will be a senior at Roy High this fall. She is the daughter of Erin and Jon Stilwell. She is active in the Roy High School choir.
- Laura Smith, 17, is the daughter of Ken and LaNeice Smith. She will be a senior at Roy High this fall. She plans to attend Utah Valley University after she graduates.
- Kara Staley, 18, is the daughter of Randy and Debbie Staley, of Roy. She is a 2012 graduate of Roy High. She will attend Southern Utah University in the fall.
- JennaBeth Stewart, 18, is a 2012 graduate of Roy High. She is the daughter of Blake and Ann Stewart. She attended OWATC for Dental Assisting, and plans to continue her studies at WSU.
- Elise Walker, 18, is the daughter of Rulon and Keva Walker. She graduated from Roy High in 2012 and will attend WSU in the fall. She plans to study nursing.