Editor’s note: We learn new things in the most unexpected of ways and places, as one TX. writer has discovered. Here’s the next in her occasional series of knowledge she’s stumbled upon.
* * *
Some Things I Learned From Walt Disney
• You are never too old or too smart for a little magic.
• Heroes come in all shapes and sizes.
• Making others smile is a good way to make them like you.
• Accept rejection, but never let it stop you.
• A smile is always a universal symbol of friendship.
• Do things that make you happy and hope they make others happy too.
• Sometimes your ideas are better than you think.
• Use your stories to inspire others.
• With time and imagination, a great idea can be greater.
• Never fail to see the value of competition.
• It’s all about your dreams.
• Sometimes you have to wait in line for something fun to come along.
• Adventure waits around every corner.
• It’s good to scream your head off every once in a while.
• Sometimes mice wear shoes, birds sing with words and flowers croon.
Rachel Badali will be a senior this fall in Electronic High School. You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.