Olympics Closing Ceremony — It’s hard to tell who had a better time in London: Michael Phelps, who cemented his claim as the greatest Olympian ever; Gabby Douglas, who struck gold in gymnastics; or NBC, which enjoyed huge ratings, despite lots of criticism. All good things must end, though, as the Games conclude with a closing ceremony that promises plenty of visual and musical splendor before the Olympic flame is snuffed. 6 p.m. today, KSL Channel 5.
• Talk about easy targets. Roseanne Barr will be on the hot seat for the latest “Comedy Central Roast,” and we expect her to get soundly thrashed. Jane Lynch is our host for the verbal fireworks. 11 p.m. today, Comedy Central
• Brenda Leigh Johnson (Kyra Sedgwick), one of TV’s most popular cops, bids an emotional farewell as we close the book on “The Closer.” But several of the show’s characters will live on in “Major Crimes,” a spin-off series that immediately follows. 7 p.m. Monday, TNT.
• “America’s Got Talent,” returns from a short break to resume its search for a diamond in the rough. Tonight’s installment turns the spotlight on acts discovered via YouTube. 7 p.m. Tuesday, KSL Channel 5.
• Here’s another job we want: “Toy Hunter” follows Jordan Hembrough, who scours the country in search of rare gems like vintage “Batman” action figures, Barbie dolls and “Star Wars” collectibles. 8 p.m. Wednesday, Travel Channel.
• And you thought TV had reached its quota of musical competitions. Wrong. “The Next: Fame Is at Your Doorstep,” is a new series that travels all over to find talented singers the 500 other shows apparently missed. 8 p.m. Thursday, The CW.
• The political drama series “Boss” launches Season 2, which means we can resume watching Kelsey Grammer emote and growl hard enough until he either wins an Emmy — or pops a vein in his forehead. 10 p.m. Friday, Starz.
• Watch enough of “Happily Never After” and you might swear off marriage forever. The latest creepy tale involves a murder and body parts found in a couple’s car. 8 p.m. Saturday, Investigation Discovery.