LAYTON — While the Jayhawks have found the right combination, the search continues for the Layton Christian Eagles.
LCA hosted rival St. Joseph in 2-A/1-A girls soccer action on Tuesday, with the Jayahwks romping to a 6-0 victory.
Kate Weil and Katie Panushka each scored a pair of goals, while Deija Trujillo and Kelsey McArthur also had scores for St. Joseph. The Jayhawks have won four straight and at 5-2-0 this season.
“We still are are giant steps from where I want us to be, but we will keep working hard on the details,” St. Joseph coach Alex Salvo said. “With just three seniors, it’s going to come down to the details.”
Ali Koehler earned the shutout, with McArthur and Christiana Behnken pacing the defense.
The Jayhawks will get a good early test when St. Joseph hosts rival Waterford on Thursday afternoon.
• FREMONT 6, SYRACUSE 1: At Plain City, the Wolves found motivation in the second half to pull away from a game Titans squad.
Mariah Elmer had three goals and a pair of assists, and Mikayla Elmer added a goal and a pair of assists for Fremont. Felicia Terry and Kelsey Andersen also scored. The Wolves had four goals after the break.
London Bolos led the Fremont defense from her left outside position.
Logan Harker scored a late goal for Syracuse.
• NORTHRIDGE 4, WEBER 2: At Layton, the Knights unleashed a barrage in the second half to pick up their first region victory.
Down 2-0 at the break, Northridge found the net four straight times.
Rachel Trommlitz, Dusty Taylor, Tawnie Fitzgerald and Adriana Arranbide had goals, with assists from Kendra Adamson, Annabelle Schwab and Rylee Casteel.
Melissa Roman and Morgan Parry led the Knights defense.
Emma Bushnell scored both goals for Weber.
• DAVIS 3, LAYTON 2 (OT): At Kaysville, Maddy Garlock ended a dramatic game by scoring just two minutes into overtime to give the Darts the win at home.
After trailing 1-0 at the half, Davis had retaken the lead thanks to a pair of goals from the Dunn sisters, Ireland and Chelsea, but with only 60 seconds remaining in regulation, Haylee Elmore sent it to overtime for the Knights.
Shelby Green scored for Layton in the first half.
• BONNEVILLE 3, MOUNTAIN CREST 1: At Hyrum, Ellee Hall and Madeline Jensen each scored for the Lakers in a victory. No other details were reported.
• LOGAN 2, ROY 0: At Logan, Emily Davis earned the shutout in net for the Grizzlies, blanking the visiting Royals.
• SKY VIEW 3, BOX ELDER 2: At Smithfield, the Bobcats scored three early then held on for the league win.
Kiela Jaackman and Lana Willard scored for the Bees.
• BOUNTIFUL 3, CLEARFIELD 1: At Clearfield, the Falcons led 1-0 at the half, but a late scoring flurry by the Braves disappointed the home fans.
In the final five minutes of the game, Jenny Skedros netted a pair of goals and Kennedy Merrick finished off the game.
Afton Barlow scored for the Falcons.
In another Region 6 contest, West topped East, 6-1.
• OGDEN 9, GRANTSVILLE 0: At Mount Ogden Park, Avery Calton notched a hat trick and an assist and Jaimee Hansen scored twice as the Tigers cruised to victory.
Kiley Porter, Morgan Jones, Shanae Wright and Kennidy Howard also recorded goals for Ogden, which led 7-0 at halftime.
Goalkeeper Kelsey East earned the shutout.
• BEAR RIVER 4, TOOELE 3: At Tooele, Marisa Hobbs, Sarah Huber, Paige Roholt and Whitney Wilcox all scored for the Bears helping down Tooele in a high-scoring second half that featured five goals.
• BEN LOMOND 5, STANSBURY 0: At Stansbury, Sami Rodriguez posted the hat trick to lead the Scots to a dominating victory on the road.
No other details were reported.