On a day filled with rivalry girls soccer games, none was more exciting than the Weber-Fremont contest.
Unless it was the Northridge-Davis battle.
Or the Ogden-Ben Lomond battle.
Perhaps the St. Joseph-Waterford game was even better.
Northridge and Weber turned the Region 1 standings on end with wins over the league leaders on Thursday.
* NORTHRIDGE 3, DAVIS 1: At Layton, the Knights rolled to a 3-0 lead and savored the big win.
"Our girls were pretty discouraged after losing the first three league games," coach Robert Taylor said. "We've just taken it one game at a time."
Taylor credited the combined defensive pressure of Sarah Thompson, Melissa Roman and Morgan McCrum as a big key.
Rylee Castillo scored in the 27th minute as Northridge (2-3-0 league, 4-4-0 overall) led 1-0 at the break. Ricci Adams and Kylee Christensen also added goals.
Davis' Regyn Youngberg scored in the 81st minute. The Darts are 4-1-0, 9-1-0 overall.
* WEBER 3, FREMONT 2: At Pleasant View, the teams went back and forth after a scoreless first frame, with host Weber (3-2-0 league, 6-5-0) getting goals from Shalee Davis, Courtland Howell and Bailee Davis.
Jaycee Gochis and Mariay Elmer scored goals for the Silver Wolves (3-2-0, 7-4-0).
* LAYTON 4, SYRACUSE 3: At Layton, the host Lancers picked up the win with four second-half scores.
Haylee Elmore, Martina Facer, Jayne Robinson and Shelby Green each had goals for Layton (2-3-0, 5-4-0).
Syracuse dropped to 1-4-0, 3-7-0.
* LOGAN 4, BOX ELDER 1: At Brigham City, the Grizzlies won despite goals from Kindra Hunter and Lana Willard.
Box Elder fell to 2-3-0 in leaue, 5-4-0 overall.
In the other league games, Mountain Crest played late at Sky View, and Roy hosted Bonneville.
* CLEARFIELD 7, CYPRUS 0: At Magna, the Falcons counquered the Pirates behind Kelsee Bowen's two scores.
Afton Barlow, Amaris Nunez, Brinley Adams, Brooklyn Durbano and Jennae Devereaux also score goals for Clearfield, 2-2-1 in league play, 4-5-1 overall.
McKenna Sill recorded the shutout in goal.
* WOODS CROSS 3, BOUNTIFUL: At Bountiful, the Wildcats won the road battle. Ashlyn Farnes, Kyra Fawcett and Jill Richardson each had goals for Woods Cross.
all scored one goal each.
* OGDEN 6, BEN LOMOND 1: At Mount Ogden Park, the Tigers scored in the first 30 seconds and never looked back, retaining the City Derby Trophy for a second year.
Amy Ulrich fed Kiley Porter on the early scoring play, and Porter added two more goals and an assist for Ogden (7-0-0, 10-0-0). Avery Calton added a goal and two assists, Caylee Carter scored and Morgan Jones added a PK score.
Only a mishandled back pass went awry, accounting for the only score for Ben Lomond (5-2-0, 9-3-0).
"All of out senior defense played fairly well," Ogden coach Jason Steiner said.
* MORGAN 7, GRANTSVILLE 0: At Morgan, Natasha Andersen scored three goals Courtney Fairbourn had a goal and an assist for the Trojans (4-3-0, 5-6-0).
The rest of the scoring was by Aimee VanCampen, Emma Edwards and Emma Winn. Mikayla McDermott, Brook Pierce and Makayla Lane earned the shutout in goal for Morgan.
* BEAR RIVER 3, STANSBURY 2: At Stansbury, the Bears kept a hold of third place in league play with the road win.
Sadie Coney, Sarah Huber and Tamika Rodriguez scored as Bear River (5-2-0, 6-5-0 overall) rallied from a halftime deficit.
* ST. JOSEPH 1, WATERFORD 0: At Ogden, the two 1-A/2-A soccer powers met for the only time in regular season, with the Jayhawks preserving the tight win with a late foot save by Ali Koehler.
Kate Weil scored a highlight-reel pass from Katie Panushka for the Jayhawks, 5-0-0 in league play, 6-2-0 overall.
* LAYTON CHRISTIAN 2, MAESER PREP 1 (OT): At Lindon, the Eagles earned the first victory of the season.
No details were reported from the game.