LAYTON -- The Eagles ran away with a homecoming victory.
Layton Christian stopped a two-game losing skid in style, whipping the Milford Rams 56-8 on Friday afternoon in non-region football action.
Nick Edwards rushed for 126 yards and three touchdowns as LCA improved to 3-2 on the season. Jacques Carter, Colin Greenhill, Rome Aguilar and Jack Chandler each scored on TD runs as well, part of a 399-yard ground attack.
Kyle Yockey had six PATs and connected on a two-point conversion, the only pass by either team in the contest.
Brandon Ross and Kirklann Smith had fumble recoveries for the Eagles, while Chandler blocked a punt. Greenhill finished with 10 total tackles.
Wade Netto scored for Milford on a late 72-yard scoring jaunt.
* MORGAN 58, BEN LOMOND 13: At Ogden, the Trojans vaulted to a 28-0 lead in the first quarter and never looked back, trouncing the Scots on their home field.
Joe Kippen rushed for 156 yards and two touchdowns -- highlighted by a 97-yard scamper in the fourth quarter -- as Morgan ran for 258 yards on the night.
Lantzen Toomer rushed for two more scores and Matt Murdock, Parker Lucas and TJ Padelsky chipped in TDs of their own in the blowout.
Morgan quarterback Ben Saunders connected with KT Tibbitts for a 3-yard TD for the only passing score of the game.
Ben Lomond got a rushing score from Austin Sullins and Brayden Schoolcraft returned a kick 95-yards to the house in the loss.
The Trojans improves to 2-0 in Region 11.
* BEAR RIVER 44, OGDEN 7: At Garland, Jeramie Selman rushed for two touchdowns and quarterback Kyle Zundel passed for a TD and rushed for a score, powering the Bears to a dominating win over the Tigers.
Brock Hill returned an interception for a touchdown for the Bears.
Zundel finished with 158 passing yards to go with 76 on the ground.
Taylor Lund had the other rushing TD for the Bears, who led just 14-7 at halftime, while Broc Hill returned a pick 25 yards for a score.
* EAST 28, WOODS CROSS 7: At Woods Cross, the Leopards dominated the clock and the game behind 394 rushing yards to topple the previously undefeated Wildcats.
Woods Cross got its lone score on a Sean Barton 4-yard run in the first quarter when things were still close.
* BOUNTIFUL 56, CYPRUS 10: At Bountiful, Jakob Hunt had a career day, running for four touchdowns to lead the Braves to a rout of the Pirates.
* LEHI 45, VIEWMONT 6: At Lehi, the Pioneers lead from start to finish, giving up six garbage-time points in the fourth quarter to defeat the visiting Vikings.