ROY — Sand Ridge Junior High School students were evacuated Tuesday morning when school administrators had a report of a possible gas leak.
Students and teachers reported smelling gas in part of the building, so the building was cleared.
Gas company officials, the district facilities director and the Roy Fire Department checked the building, found no leaks and gave it the all clear.
Students returned to the building in time for their second period classes.
“The teachers and students did a great job evacuating our building and they were very patient as we took all necessary precautions,” said Principal Larry Hadley in a note sent to parents by email.