• Weber County Library’s book discussion series Speaking in Tongues continues at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Pleasant Valley Branch, 5568 S. Adams Ave., Washington Terrace. The discussion focuses on “Dreaming in Chinese: Mandarin Lessons in Life, Love, and Language” by Deborah Fallows. This is a free event. Call 801-337-2690 for more information.
• Utah author William R. Jensen signs “Adder In The Path” (Brandylane Publishers, $16.95) at 7 p.m. Thursday at Weller Book Works, 607 Trolley Square, Salt Lake City. This is a free event.
• Ogden authors Sarah Langsdon and Melissa Johnson sign their new pictorial history book “Legendary Locals of Ogden,” (Arcadia Publishing, $21.99)1-3 p.m. Saturday at Hastings, 340 E. 525 North, Harrisville. This is a free event.
• Ogden authors Ralph and Judy Vander Heide read from and sign “Chris and Louisa” (Xlibris Corporation, $29.99) 10 a.m.-noon Saturday at Wisebird Bookery, 4850 Harrison Blvd., Ogden. This is a free event.
Author events this week at the King’s English Bookshop include:
• Harvard Business Review blogger Whitney Johnson reads from and signs “Dare, Dream, Do: Remarkable Things Happen When You Dare to Dream” at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
• Poet Mark Strand reads from his works at 7 p.m. Thursday. Strand was named the U.S. Poet Laureate in 1990 and was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry for his collection “Blizzard of One.”
• Colin Meloy and Carson Ellis read from and sign “Under Wildwood” at 7 p.m. Thursday.
These are free events at the bookshop, 1511 S. 1500 East, Salt Lake City.