KAYSVILLE — The Davis Darts started the day with a chance to wrap up another region title with a victory over the Fremont Silver Wolves.
They ended the day with just a single point and will have to wait until Thursday before trying for that league championship.
The Darts and Silver Wolves battled for 100 minutes with both teams finishing with a single goal in a 1-1 tie at Angel Street Park Tuesday afternoon.
“Yeah, we didn’t get a chance to wrap up that title today,” Davis coach Souli Phongsavath said. “But if we have to wait another day, that’s okay with us. This is a year that we are trying to rebuild for the future with only four seniors that see regular time, but being 11-1-1 isn’t a bad way to rebuild.”
Davis jumped on the scoreboard just nine minutes into the first half when Makayla Carter stood over a free kick from 35 yards out and her subsequent blast bent away to the far post and richocheted off the post and over the line for the 1-0 lead.
Just before the half, Fremont found its chance at the feet of Mariah Elmer, whose left-footed shot sailed over the goalkeeper’s head and into the upper left-hand corner to forge the 1-1 tie.
Early in the second half, Elmer took a long pass and manuevered around the goalie only to have her shot sail wide left in a clear goal-scoring opportunity,
For much of the rest of the half, the Darts spent the lion’s share of the their possession in the Silver Wolves’ defensive half of the field. With the teams tied, neither squad had any real scoring chances and the game ended in a draw.
• NORTHRIDGE 2, LAYTON 0: At Layton, Tawnie Fitzgerald and Annabelle Schwab eached scored in the first half as the Knights won their fifth straight match, moving into second place in Region 1.
• WEBER 1, SYRACUSE 0 (2OT): At Syracuse, the Warriors got a shutout from Nikki Pittman and needed a goal in the second overtime from Shalee Davis to secure the road victory.
The win helped Weber grab a share of second place.
• BOX ELDER 4, MOUNAIN CREST 3: A Brigham City, Lana Willard had a hat trick and the Bees held off the Mustangs after nearly blowing a 4-0 halftime lead.
Heather Hutchinson also scored for Box Elder in the win.
• BONNEVILLE 4, LOGAN 0: At Logan, Ellee Hall, Emilie Tafunai, Madeline Jensen and Sienna Thornock all scored goals as the Lakers improved their winning streak to 10 games.
Megan Phipot earned the shutout in net for Bonneville, which improved to 12-2 overall.
• SKY VIEW 3, ROY 0: At Smithfield, the Bobcats kept their playoff hopes alive with a convincing rout over the Royals.
Kylee Villanueva, Madison Siddoway and McKenley Hellstern each scored for Sky View in the shutout.
• CLEARFIELD 1, HIGHLAND 0: At Clearfield, Brinley Adams chipped in the game’s only goal in the second half, propelling the Falcons to victory.
Kaitlyn Stratton earned the shutout in net, keeping Clearfield in the hunt for a home playoff game.
• OGDEN 8, TOOELE 0: At Mount Ogden, the Tigers rolled out to an easy win.
Kiley Porter had a goal and three assists and Avery Calton and Caylee Carter each scored twice with an assist for Ogden. Amy Ulrich goal, Lindsey Bray and Maddison White added solo scores.
Kelsey East tallied an easy shutout, while Ulrich and Aubree Toupin kep the defense organized.
• BEAR RIVER 3, MORGAN 2 (OT): At Morgan, down 1-0 at halftime, the Trojans got goals from Lizzy Stauder and Makayla Lane to hold a late lead.
But Bear River’s Sarah Huber scored with 10 minutes to play, the added the winner in overtime to complete the hat trick.
Megan Miner had an assist for Mogran.
• BEN LOMOND AT GRANTSVILLE: No details were reported.
• ST. JOSEPH 7, LEGACY PREP 0: At Ogden, Christina Behnken notched a hat trick, Kate Weil added two goals and the Jayhawks led from start to finish.
Kallie Kashiwaeda and Deija Trujillo also scored in the win.
• LAYTON CHRISTIAN 3, SOUTH SUMMIT 1: At Layton, Mandy Carter scored two goals and Alissa Atisme chipped in another to lead the Eagles to victory.