KAYSVILLE -- Another victory, another step closer to a third straight league title.
"We want that three-peat bad and then state. We have to focus on the here and now and specific goals for that day's match," said Davis High senior outside hitter Kaylie Kamalu. "In the long run, taking state again would be awesome."
Extending their winning streak to six Tuesday, the defending state 5-A champion Darts dropped Fremont 25-21, 26-28, 25-18, 25-23 in a 1 hour and 43 minute Region 1 match.
"It definitely wasn't our best match. Sometimes, with so much talent we don't bring enough energy to the match," said the 17-year-old Kamalu. "We also don't talk on the court as much as we should. Our coaches have talked to us about that, and we still haven't brought the energy level up to the talent level.
"The team chemistry is good (with four players giving NCAA Division I verbal commitments)," she said. "We're still at Davis and playing as a team. We don't want to think about the next level yet."
Kamalu, a Utah State commit, had 16 kills, six digs and two aces. Weber State commit Tanisha Langston had 13 kills, 12 digs, three blocks, three assists and two aces; BYU commit Camille Walker had nine kills, one block, 15 digs and three aces; Amber Bennett had seven kills, two blocks, one assist and a dig; Idaho State commit Marissa Todd had three kills and 16 digs; setter Kendall Sargent had 18 assists, eight digs and one ace; and setter Jamie Selleneit had 10 assists, three digs and two aces for Davis (25-1 overall, 6-0 league), which had 10 aces and 11 service errors.
"We didn't get all of our serves in and all the little things add up," Kamalu said.
The Silver Wolves' Brooke Lamb had 15 kills, one block assist, five digs and one ace; Siera Green had eight kills, one solo block, three block assists and one ace; Rachel Nish had seven kills, two block assists, six digs and two aces; Jessica Quayle had five kills, four block assists and four digs; Jessica Snarr had four kills, one solo block and three block assists; setter McKenzie Burrows had 34 assists, four kills and 12 digs; and libero Sariah Pelaez had 25 digs, two kills, five assists and one ace for Fremont (11-12, 2-4), which had six aces and 17 service errors.
* layton def. syracuse 25-18, 26-24, 25-20: At Syracuse, the Lancers' Eliza Katoa, a Utah commit, had 14 kills, three solo blocks, two block assists and one dig; Corinne Rhoton had 10 kills, six solo blocks and three block assists; Rylee Cate had eight kills, one block assist, two digs and three aces; and setter Mckell Moss had 22 assists, one kill, two solo blocks and one block assist for Layton (15-9, 5-1).
The Titans' Maggie Hansen had 14 kills and nine digs; Breckell Soifua had 10 kills and five digs; Lizzy Reich had six kills, three solo blocks and seven block assists; Kara Mudrow had six kills and three block assists; Maddi Bitton had four kills, one solo block and five block assists; setter Brook Follett had 18 assists and two aces; and libero Takenna Hamblin had eight digs and three aces for Syracuse (15-10, 1-5).
* northridge def. weber 25-20, 25-16, 25-10: At Pleasant View, the Knights' Brittley Eldredge had 13 kills and three block assists; Kaitlin Verbitski had seven kills, one block assist, six digs and one ace; Alex Gardner had six kills, two block assists and one dig; freshman Rachel Parson had five kills; Alex Smith had two kills, two block assists, three digs and one ace; Shayd Wright had one kill, two digs and one ace; setter Aimee Kyed had 32 assists, one kill, two block assists and four digs; and libero Nikki Hansen had 12 digs for Northridge (12-12, 4-2).
The Warriors' Morgan Bischoff had 11 kills; setter Maren Ulrich had 30 assists and three digs; and libero Hanna Buswell had 26 digs for Weber (13-12, 0-6).
* bonneville def. logan 29-31, 25-17, 25-23, 25-15: At Washington Terrace, the Lakers' Cortney Porter had 18 kills, two solo blocks, four block assists, 16 digs and two aces; Kelly Roberts had eight kills, two block assists, 15 digs and four aces; freshman Sam Filiaga had five kills, three solo blocks and eight block assists; and Kalyn Sotomayor had three kills, four solo blocks, three block assists, three digs and four aces for the Lakers (9-9, 3-2).
Logan is 9-8, 1-4.
* box elder def. roy 25-13, 25-5, 25-10: At Brigham City, the Bees' Stephanie Crapse had 12 kills, one solo block, a block assist and one ace; Hannah Wight had 10 kills and 12 digs; and setter Mitzi Munns had 19 assists, four kills, one solo block and four block assists for Box Elder (11-14, 2-3).
The Royals are 2-15, 0-5.
In the other match, Sky View def. Mountain Crest 25-17, 25-22, 25-13.
The Bobcats are 16-1, 5-0; the Mustangs are 10-7, 4-1.
* Morgan def. Stansbury 25-14, 25-11, 25-11: At Morgan, Cassidee Lish had 19 kills, four digs and three aces; McKenzie Schenk had nine kills; Rachel Kunz had seven kills; Katie Peterson had six kills, 14 digs and three aces; freshman setter Jorry Randall had 31 assists and eight digs; libero Amanda Porter had 10 digs and one ace; and Aspen Thomson had seven digs, five aces and 11 service points for two-time defending 3-A champion Morgan (12-3, 9-0).
The Stallions are 10-10, 7-2.
* Bear River def. Ben Lomond 25-19, 25-14, 25-12: At Ben Lomond High, the Bears' Alyssa Park had 11 kills, one solo block and 11 digs; Stephany Peterson had seven kills, one solo block, six aces and 11 service points; Caitlin Wiggins had five kills, two aces and nine service points; Samantha Getz had nine digs, two aces and eight service points; Kelsee Hancock had two aces and eight service points; setter Monica Olsen had 25 assists and seven digs; and libero Michelle Davis had five digs for Bear River (5-15, 2-7).
The Scots are 6-23, 3-6.
* St. Joseph def. Oakley 25-11, 25-9, 25-1: At Oakley, the Jayhawks' Audra Thurston had seven kills; Daniele Shinaut had six kills and four aces; Jessie Bischoff had six kills and four digs; setters Bailey Pacheco and Emily Jackson combined for 14 assists; and libero Mady White had seven digs and 15 aces for St. Joseph (14-1, 8-0).
* Intermountain Christian def. Layton Christian 25-22, 17-25, 26-24, 25-19: At Salt Lake City, the Eagles dropped to 11-7, 6-2.